Murex is a leading marketer and distributor of ethanol in the United States and worldwide. Murex buys, sells, and moves ethanol from suppliers to customers and provides storage, risk management and compliance solutions. Murex has ample resources to meet our customers’ demands:
- Over 2,200 railcars
- Access to over 710,000 barrels of storage space
- Experienced sales staff
- Over 21 years of experience working with suppliers, producers and refiners
- Industry leading compliance experts
- Highly skilled logistics staff
- Exclusive and non-exclusive marketing and trading plans available
- Corn crush and hedging plans available
- Faster payment plans available
- Plant investment to improve profits available
- Export capability creates exceptional profit opportunity when markets and logistics allow
- RIN, LCFS and carbon credit capabilities provide additional profit optimization opportunities
For more information, please contact us.
In addition to the national renewable fuels mandate, the Renewable Fuels Standard 2 (RFS2), individual regions of the country have taken measures to increase state consumption of renewable fuels above the national minimum. The largest of these programs, the California Air Resources Board’s (CARB) Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), requires all gasoline suppliers in California to significantly reduce the carbon footprint of their gasoline through low-carbon intensity renewable fuels such as ethanol and biodiesel.
As an importer into the California market, Murex is a registered participant in the LCFS program. With other regions of the country poised to follow California’s Low Carbon initiative, Murex has made understanding the legislation and compliance requirements a top priority.